Softcare Chlorinating Granules (Chlor) - Two 5 lb. Bottles
Orders Of Chlorinating Granules May Be Delayed Because Of Both High Demand And A Supply-Side Shortage Of Chlorine.
The original – formerly Softcare Chlor – now in a bigger 5 lb. bottle.
Buy a 2-Pack and Save Even More!
Softcare Chlorinating Granules are specifically formulated for use in a Softub.
1 Order = Two 5 lb bottles.
Directions For Use
For Spa And Hot Tub Disinfectant: When used as directed, this product is effective as a spa and hot tub water disinfecting agent. Ensure all spa and hot tub equipment is working properly. Backwash/clean the filter system following manufacturer’s directions. Adjust pH to between 7.2-7.6. When using other products as outlined in the directions for this product, always follow directions on those products.
Maintenance Doses: With pump on, add ½ teaspoon of this product per 100 gallons of water (or 5 teaspoons per 1,000 gallons) as an initial treatment. Repeat at 15 to 20 minute intervals until a residual of 3-5 ppm of available chlorine is established as determined by a test kit. A test kit must be used regularly to determine the frequency of additional doses of this product needed to maintain the chlorine residual of 3-5 ppm.
Superchlorination: Use one teaspoon of this product per 100 gallons of water (or ¼ cup per 1,000 gallons). Superchlorination may be needed on a nightly basis in a heavily used spa or as infrequently as once a week in a moderately used spa.
Reentry: Reentry into treated spas or hot tubs is prohibited above levels of 5 ppm of chlorine due to risk of bodily harm.
Ingredients / Indications
Sodium dichloro-s-triazinetrione hydrated: 99%; Inert Ingredients: 1%; Available Chlorine 55%.
Causes irreversible eye damage. May be fatal if inhaled. Harmful if swallowed or absorbed through skin. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Do not breathe dust, vapor or spray mist. Wear goggles, face shield or safety glasses. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, smoking tobacco, or using the toilet. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse.
If Inhaled: Move person to fresh air. If person is not breathing, call 911 or an ambulance, then give artificial respiration, preferably mouth-to-mouth, if possible. Call a poison control center or doctor for further treatment advice.
If In Eyes: Hold eye open and rinse gently with cool water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye. Call poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
If On Skin Or Clothing: Take off contaminated clothing. Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes. Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
If Swallowed: Call poison control center, or doctor immediately for treatment advice. Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow. Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by the poison control center or doctor. Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor, or going for treatment. YOU MAY ALSO CONTACT 1-800-222-1222 FO
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.